Monday, December 28, 2009

Hold on Tight


As I sat down, wrapped my arms around you, and prepared for the plunge...I was suddenly reminded of a time when you were small. Your hands held on to me, excited..but slightly afraid. I told you it'd be fun, that you'd love it. And you did. Your long blond hair flew in my face as we raced down the snowy hill. You giggled the whole way down. And when we reached the bottom, I knew what you'd say next, "Can we do it again, Mommy?"

Today, you're older...practically a teenager. You walked up that hill and I couldn't believe my eyes...so much like a young lady, not a little girl anymore. This time, I wrapped my arms around you, held on tight,and together we plunged downhill and laughed out loud. I couldn't help but think about how that ride was so similar to the way you live life, Lili. So free, so fun, just loving the ride...

And the more you grow, I'm aware I hold on a bit too tightly sometimes. But I love the way you love the fun. I hope you never stop loving the ride. I love you. ~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment