Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hurricane Lili


This girl holds the ability to set a room on fire with her light.In her 12 1/2 years of life, Lili has seen many things, been to many places, made many beautiful friends, and said many heart breaking good-byes...and all the while, she's been growing. In the past year, our family has moved back to our home country and tried to blend back into our old lives. This was Lili's 4th school in 7 years. Now that she has officially entered Jr.High, there seems to be a premature pressure among the other kids to hurry up and figure out who you're gonna be. But Lili...she goes with the flow, experiencing everything. She has a side to her that does care what others think of her-but that thought is usually snuffed out soon enough when she gets the desire to make people laugh. Her energy can be contagious. She's witty. She's quick with the comments. She's animated. She makes me smile. She's exactly the kind of person I would have wanted as a best friend in the 7th grade. I am so proud of her and how far she's come.

Having said that, I am also proud of the fact that I KNOW my daughter...I mean really know her. I know exactly what she is capable of. It can easily be predicted that she will be unpredictable. And it can be safely assumed that absolutely anything is liable to come out of her mouth at any given time...anything. And although I sometimes say that I wish I had a crystal ball to show me what she's about to pull next...I really wouldn't want it any other way. I mean really, what else can you expect from a girl that was named after a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment